I think that schools and communities can avoid these acts of school violence by doing lectures and gatherings addressing violence altogether. There should also be people in communities that are able to help with people struggling with problems in their life, such as therapist and psychiatrists. This would help the community know about each other more and also quickly address problems and reduce the rick of school violence and violence overall.
In Mary Ward, the resources and services that are available today is the guidance room, where students can get help from their guidance counselor. This is when the person being bullied would stand up for themselves to get something done and dealt with. If that person doesn't feel like speaking out, that could make the bully have more power since nothing is being done and will result in more violence.
If I were to recommend a new service to be implemented in Mary Ward, it should have a box where you put slips of paper of anonymous reports of violence in the school. This is helpful as no one will know who wrote it unless they state their name.
Schools all around the world should be known as safe centers for learning without any hate towards anyone. I know this post is kind of a serious one, but I just can't not address it since my distant friends could've been victims to the shooting. I hope you all understand this and I hope that all this hate and violence towards other either in school or not ends and conflicts stop. Thanks for reading my post and I hope you know more about my thoughts about school violence.


No comments:
Post a Comment